Finally, my college life too is over. It's been hardly a week but life has changed almost completely. Or atleast life around me has changed. Friends still call me out almost everyday, but not for parties or movies, but to attend interviews, to visit job consultants and sometimes to discuss weird business plans. Within hours after our last exam, the world seemed to have turned seriously grim and desperate. Some of my classmates and friends got placed on-campus and off, few have already started working, many are still hunting for interviews, some waiting it out to dive into that perfect dream career, and a few who already are recruiting or recommending fellow classmates into their company. To think, we all stepped out of the same college gate at the same time!
Everybody's scrambling for position, and time is not on our side. Now that we have finished education, we are expected to stand up on our own feet. This is the moment when most of us are pushed off the edges of our nests, and before we hit the rocky ground below, we need to pull out our wings and soar. Most of my friends are falling even as I write, and struggling to open their wings before they reach bottom. I on the other hand, am still in my nest, standing over the edge and peering down to see if there is any lonely cloud on which I can comfortably float upon. For those few like me who are still safe in their nests, we would always have in mind that parents are never so patient and they will push us out soon and that we need to be ready.
Life is always crazy, but post-college, life just got a tad crazier. A few weeks ago during exams, I heard talks about get-togethers and parties, but now suddenly I find it hard to be in touch with more than two or three friends at a time. Some have already left the city to go back to their hometown, some have left the state to work elsewhere, and almost everyday now, I get news about friends getting selected in interviews and joining work. It is all so amusing; two days ago, I could not stop laughing when a certain friend called me up and said he got selected in an interview that day and that he was going to work from the very next. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that that guy would talk something so serious, because throughout college, I had never come across a more easy-going person. I really could not believe it when he said that. In fact, even now it crosses my mind that he might have just been playing.
As troubling as it all seems already, yet I know this is all just the beginning. The beginning of another crucial change in this voyage of life. The life at college is often termed as the golden phase, and well, I do not know what they call the days after that. But from where I stand now, I would call it the misty phase because I have no idea what lies ahead, I just keep madly rushing forward, hoping not to hit a brick wall. I would not know until I hit! Fingers crossed, it is now almost time to make the dive and my wings are ready to take flight; I would probably take a while to soar over the clouds, but for the moment, it is all about opening the wings at the right time and pulling up... It is all about taking a chance, about believing in the impossible, about living a dream... And of course, it is all about survival!
Everybody's scrambling for position, and time is not on our side. Now that we have finished education, we are expected to stand up on our own feet. This is the moment when most of us are pushed off the edges of our nests, and before we hit the rocky ground below, we need to pull out our wings and soar. Most of my friends are falling even as I write, and struggling to open their wings before they reach bottom. I on the other hand, am still in my nest, standing over the edge and peering down to see if there is any lonely cloud on which I can comfortably float upon. For those few like me who are still safe in their nests, we would always have in mind that parents are never so patient and they will push us out soon and that we need to be ready.
Life is always crazy, but post-college, life just got a tad crazier. A few weeks ago during exams, I heard talks about get-togethers and parties, but now suddenly I find it hard to be in touch with more than two or three friends at a time. Some have already left the city to go back to their hometown, some have left the state to work elsewhere, and almost everyday now, I get news about friends getting selected in interviews and joining work. It is all so amusing; two days ago, I could not stop laughing when a certain friend called me up and said he got selected in an interview that day and that he was going to work from the very next. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that that guy would talk something so serious, because throughout college, I had never come across a more easy-going person. I really could not believe it when he said that. In fact, even now it crosses my mind that he might have just been playing.
As troubling as it all seems already, yet I know this is all just the beginning. The beginning of another crucial change in this voyage of life. The life at college is often termed as the golden phase, and well, I do not know what they call the days after that. But from where I stand now, I would call it the misty phase because I have no idea what lies ahead, I just keep madly rushing forward, hoping not to hit a brick wall. I would not know until I hit! Fingers crossed, it is now almost time to make the dive and my wings are ready to take flight; I would probably take a while to soar over the clouds, but for the moment, it is all about opening the wings at the right time and pulling up... It is all about taking a chance, about believing in the impossible, about living a dream... And of course, it is all about survival!
No comments:
Post a Comment